Thursday, November 4, 2010

Work demands and old officemates

On my way to the office this morning, I over heard two passengers sharing some thoughts about their respective offices.

I sat in the middle seat of the public utility transport. Behind my section are four other passengers, two on each side facing the other two. The persons talking are in that rear section. One is behind me facing her friend who is seated behind the person at the opposite end of the four-seater middle section that is facing forward where I am seated.

One girl shared that "if you do what needs to be done, they won't bother you" and "it (workload)will all depend on the client. One client has lots of branches (sic) they have a lot to do."

The other agreed and shared "one of our clients pulled out."

I cannot really discern from which offices they work for but it appears to me they are account executives.

One of them later added "he is old and we call him grandpa. He is nearing retirement and he said he will work on his garden when he retires" and ended with "there are a lot of old people in our office."

Her friend behind me shared "it seems that your office is full of senior employees nearing retirement."

They did not mean anything negative about their senior co-workers but they might be wondering if they will feel the same when they get to that age.

1 comment:

Fickle Cattle said...

Time is the great equalizer.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/