Friday, April 4, 2008

Mobile communication

While on my way home tonight, I sat beside a commuter who got a call from a female friend 5 minutes after he got on the van.

They talk about a lot of things. Of life and love. Of friends and foes. And of plans for the weekend. So I minded my own business and thought about what I should do when I arrive at my stop. But still, I cannot keep myself from listening in since they were not so discreet.

At any rate, I was thinking that the guy used to be very close to the girl and that he may be looking for a way to be with her again.

He flirted.

She flirted.

He asked her out. He asked her to watch a movie with him tomorrow. But she has to pay for the tickets since, he said, he did not see her for a long while now.

In the end, we got to his stop. He got off from the van but not from the phone. He walked to the next jeepney stop, phone at hand pressed on his ear. Still flirting.

Commuting is not just sitting in the van waiting until you reach your destination. It is also a time for phone calls and catching up.

No comments: