Monday, June 30, 2008

Most unfortunate

This morning I arrived at the PUV terminal at around 8:20 hoping to get on board soon and be on my way to the before 9:00. But what greeted me is a very long line of fellow commuters waiting for their turn to get on board.

I was debating with myself if I will go and wait in line or if I should take another way to the office. I chose to wait in line.

By experience, if I take a jeepney to Pasig City, then take another FX to the office, it will probably take me more than an hour to get to the office.

I asked the dispatcher why the line grew longer than usual. He said that there is an on-going boat race along the Pasig River and most roads used by the drivers on their return trip is closed. the boat race is part of the celebrations for Araw ng Pasig.

I had no choice but to just wait. And it is past 9:00 already.

Waiting it out, I was able to get on board after 30 minutes and be in the office in another 15. What a way to start the month...

No comments: